Thursday, June 27, 2019

ACIM-related websites: design and maintenance using WordPress

book cover: A Course In Miracles - English - third editionWordPress logoThis post will be different than most of the other posts I’ve made since I started posting here over a decade ago – when I launched the ACIMblog website in June 2008. Since then, this site has been a primary “labor of love” reflecting the intersection of two primary interests:

  • A Course In Miracles (which I’ve known about since the late 1970s, actively studied since the mid-1980s, and launched into stellar prominence ever since 2007 when I read Gary Renard’s Disappearance of the Universe and then plunged back into Ken Wapnick’s prolific, prodigious, profound work) … and …
  • WordPress (which has been my stable workhorse of choice for web work since 2008 – after trying many other web technologies since the mid-1990s)

Over the years, I’ve studied and practiced many different psychological, philosophical and metaphysical systems – ACIM is now my spiritual path.

I’ve also learned and applied many different technologies and in the specific realm of web design/maintenance systems – WordPress is now my vehicle of choice, in concert with a wide assortment of related plugins, online resources, and various social marketing tools.

Combining WordPress and A Course In Miracles is the “bullseye” intersection of my passions, skills, and interests!

Why am I sharing this now? In November 2018, we* launched – by far! – the largest web project I’ve ever done, spanning several years, off and on – a completely overhauled, highly customized website (with lots of Course-specific proofreading) built for the Foundation for Inner Peace (ACIM.org) which is now providing greatly expanded capabilities and also being re-reviewed for the next phase of extension. Rather than duplicate the technical details of that project on ACIMblog.com here, you can read more of what has gone into the new ACIM.org website in this portfolio project page here on our IntentDesignStudio site.

* I say “we” since the FIP website was/is definitely a collaborative team effort from numerous contributors, reflecting tremendous trust in the value of shared interests, and relying extensively on the Inner Guidance we all share! 🙂

My top priority – my “druthers” – is to help ACIM-related teachers, event organizers, centers, authors, content creators, communicators, networkers, and students share effective, helpful, online content by building, remodeling and maintaining WordPress websites about A Course In Miracles and providing text, audio and video editing, marketing and related support.

Since last fall, my ACIM.org involvement has temporarily tapered off to weekly updates and maintenance, awaiting the instructions for the next phase. Meanwhile, I’ve had time to (almost) completely catch up on my backlog of other web client projects, and even work on a few of my own!

I really enjoy making ACIM-related WordPress sites, so that’s why I’m getting the word out now that I’d like to do more! As Course students, we know that changing the external world won’t “make us” happy. However, we can mirror the inner peace we find by following the guidance of our Inner Kindness Teacher and – as an expression or reflection of that choice in the mind for sanity and gentleness to all – do what we love in the world … not as a “must” but as a preference. 🙂

Here are a few ACIM-related websites I’ve built and/or contributed to and/or maintained:

  • ACIM.org (Foundation for Inner Peace; please see this portfolio page for details; ongoing daily/weekly/monthly maintenance with both consulting and volunteer work)
  • RockyMountainMiracleCenter.org (Denver, Colorado ACIM center with many ACIM teachers; ongoing weekly maintenance)
  • SchoolForACourseInMiracles.org (SFACIM – superb ACIM classes by Lyn Corona and Tim Wise; ongoing monthly maintenance)
  • ForaysInForgiveness.com (Susan Dugan’s excellent blog about ACIM; ongoing monthly maintenance)
  • ACIMblog.com – this site! 🙂
  • a new site (in progress) for long-time ACIM teacher, Doug Sparks
  • a new site (in progress) for ACIM teacher and online radio host, CA Brooks
  • FACIM.org (I had a very small part in making a few suggestions as a volunteer when their new site was about to be launched in early 2018.)
See other older ACIM-related web work here:


Thanks to all of you who have already supported us in so many ways!

We enjoy supporting the global ACIM community and welcome the opportunity to further sharing of its truly helpful non-dual message of undoing our insane thought system by practicing true forgiveness. My in-depth familiarity with the Course (including its metaphysics, history and annotation system), decade-plus experience with WordPress, and enthusiasm for both enables me to provide an optimal solution for those needing a new or remodeled website about A Course In Miracles, or on-going maintenance, support and mentoring in WordPress, marketing and other related services.

We can also help with other (non-ACIM-related) small business WordPress websites, too … of course! We can assist with related services such as domain name registration and website hosting, Genesis Framework / StudioPress child theme customization, proofreading, copywriting and content editing, social media – e.g. Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. channel setup and maintenance – uptime monitoring, event calendars and schedules, SEO performance reports, “low hanging fruit” recommendations, MailChimp (Constant Contact or other email service provider) setup and configuration, PhotoShop image editing, Audacity audio editing,  and so much more!

If you or someone you know needs a new or remodeled ACIM-related website, please contact me!

I need a new or remodeled WordPress website!

If you or someone you know needs maintenance for an ACIM-related WordPress website, please contact me!

My WordPress website needs maintenance!

THANKS! 🙂

The post ACIM-related websites: design and maintenance using WordPress appeared first on ACIM blog.



from ACIM blog

Read More